Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Why now?

Monday in Wal-Mart everything was going well. Peyton, Rowen and I had our cart full and were in the checkout line. Everyone was being good and I was about to pay. Then it happened..... Peyton says," Mom, what does the word G-A-Y gay mean?" I was dying as I look around to see who is about to hear this lovely conversation. I said, "So where did you see or hear that word..." Needless to say I had a lovely talk about the "Word" with a six year old. I just kept thinking why now of all places. But I am sure this is just one of many opportune times for a great conversation.

After that Peyton went to school. The first boy that talked to him said the Lord's name in vain and he said, " Ya know that is a bad word and you shouldn't say it." Which he proceeded to say to one other boy on the way in, too. NICE! You do have to love what comes out of their mouths.

No comments:

Post a Comment