Thursday, June 18, 2009

School's OUT!!

The last day of school we have a tradition of a water balloon fight. I think my kids thought I forgot about it--not so lucky. Peyton, Rowen, Vince and Archie were helping me. We hid behind the big trees in front of our house and waited. Two of our neighbors came out and the kids threw some of the balloons at them but finally the bus came. Elly, Braden and Thomas (our neighbor) got off the bus and we started throwing. It was so funny to hear the kids on the bus screaming at us to get them and my kids were soooo embarrassed!! But it was awesome- the boys had a blast getting them wet! I love the end of the year.

Elly came home with a new bike that she won at school. (See she is all about a good competition!!) The school has a 1/4 mile fitness track around the playground and for every lap that you run you get a punch on a card. The boy and girl who ran the most laps each won bikes. Elly ran almost 80 miles this year!! Go El!!
This is Bailee and her soccer team at her last game-- it was a tournament in Indy. Do you think she is a little taller that everyone?? They won two games and were playing two more games on Sunday. When she started playing this year we told her coaches that we do not play sports on Sunday . They told us that was fine. Well anyway, after her game we went to DQ and a girl and her family on Bailee's team were there. She told Bailee, " What are we going to do without you tommorrow? Where are you going anyway?" At that point I knew Bailee wanted me to answer the question but I just looked at her and waited. After a pause Bailee answered and said,"Church." Her friend said, "Oh." On the way home we were talking and I said, "You wanted me to answer that girl in DQ." Bailee said, " Yes, why didn't you?" We were laughing so hard and we had a great conversation about all the other ways she could have answered. But Bailee did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment